Instructional Computing Classrooms (ICCs) offer Rutgers instructors as well as campus and local groups “computer classrooms” which can be scheduled for a semester or as needed for computer/software related instruction.
The Instructional Computer Facilities provide an easy location for groups who need a space with up-to-date computers and software to lead instruction or group collaboration. Our Instructional Facilities are great for instructors and departments looking for a computer-classroom for short-term or semester-long use. We also work to accommodate off-campus groups who can benefit from accessible computers and a space to facilitate learning.
These Facilities are a perfect space for:
A class that requires the use of specific software to complete work
Departmental training programs
Campus Associated groups with a need for a computing space
Along with the standard software, our teams will work with your group to accommodate your specific software needs.
What ICCs are available?
Rutgers University - Newark maintains and operates eight ICC across the campus. A list and details of those classrooms can be found here:
Who can reserve a computer facility?
Rutgers University—Newark courses
- Must have registered course
Rutgers staff training
Attendees must be Rutgers University Staff or Faculty
Departmental sponsor events
- Must be directly supervised on-site by a University employee acting within the course and scope of employment.
Individuals and outside organization events
- all other events
How do you reserve a computer facility?
After reading the above policy that applies to your group, you must complete the following to schedule a reservation:
- Read our classroom Policies.
- Select your preferred computer facility location based on available days and times (see below).
- Reserve a classroom using our Reservation Request Form.
- Provide to us any specialized software that you have requested to use on media with installation instructions and proof of licensing at least three weeks before the first reservation.
- Test login, software, and settings one week before the first reservation.